Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Shoutout from the top of a hill at the bottom of the world

I hate the fact that the only thing I can post before you American bloggers get to it is Australian music. But, who am I kidding? I'm not going to be the voice of the latest and the greatest across the globe and the body of music I am representing is pretty fucking worth it. So, here we are. Another Aussie music post...

I am surprised to hear that the Hilltop Hoods still haven't made it off this island. They have been around for what seems like forever, they're the highest selling hip hop group in Australia and the song 'Nosebleed Section' was the most requested on SuperRequest for some ridiculous amount of time. Plus, seeing as though the Hilltops are pretty much the gods of Aussie hip hop, I am assuming you guys don't get much of that either. So take a listen, see what you think. And please spread it around if you like it - we need your help to bring Aussie music to the world.

Dumb Enough
This is their battle song. It cracks me up every time. "It's a swan!"


Nosebleed Section
This is their most famous/popular track, featuring samples from the Melanie Safka's song 'The People In The Front Row'. If you don't know the Hilltops then you might not know the Powderfinger song they are refering to when they sing "this life turned out nothing like I had planned". Even though it wasn't an album track it still made it to #1 in the JJJ Hottest 100. I believe it was off the soundtrack to the movie Two Hands, a Heath Ledger movie made before he was a 10 things/gay cowboy star. I'll see if I can find it somewhere and add it to this post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home