Monday, January 22, 2007

Why wasn't I cool when I was alive?

Nick Drake

In the tradition of Van Gogh and Emily Dickenson, Nick Drake is a vicitm of posthumous fame. I suppose vicitim isn't really the right word, it's great that people are listening now, but it's a shame he never got to experience the wide-spread adoration that he receives now-a-days. Here's a little list of some appearances his voice has made in the past few years...

1998 'Road' in Hideous Kinky [buy the soundtrack]

1999 'Pink Moon' in a Volkswagon Cabrio ad [
click here to see ad on YouTube]

2000 heaps of tracks in WB mini-series Young Americans

2001 'Northern Sky' in Serendipity [buy the soundtrack]

2001 'Fly' in The Royal Tenenbaums [buy the soundtrack]

2004 'One Of These Things First' in Garden State [buy the soundtrack]


I know I've heard his songs in the background of heaps of other shows and movies recently and now I'm pissed off that I didn't write them down. Please email me if you can think of any...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home