Thursday, November 09, 2006

Natalia Zukerman on The L Word



My favourite Natalia Zukerman song is featured in the Season Three finale, in the background while Alice makes an on-air rant about gay marriage. Here's what she says...

"I want to believe, my friends. Believe me, I do. Cause my friend Shane is getting married this weekend and I wanna believe for Shane and I wanna believe for all of the rest of us who are flailing around in this abyss trying to feel what we are supposed to feel in order to connect in meaningful ways. I wanna believe that real, true connection among human beings is actually possible. And supposedly, marriage connects us, I mean, supposedly it improves our moral fibre and all. Which begs the question, I mean, why do these crazy, creepy, defending the family crusaders think it's a bad thing for gays? I mean, why can't they just wish us well? Hypocrites. Cause we're going to Canada people, whether you like it or not. To take our best shot at this connection. And if we fail, it is not because we are less wholesome than you are. Please, i mean, you guys have been failing at this since the beginning of recorded history. But if we succeed and our love connections actually florish and there's a little less lonliness in the world, then even I might start believing in miracles."




I found a live show of Natalia's to download on a random site which was really good, but I can't find it now. She chats a little with the audience in between songs and I swear she is a dead ringer for Alice. They sound exactly the same, exactly. Maybe they're just from the same neighbourhood and both happen to be gay so they do the same thing with their accent (apoligies to Natalia if she's not gay - I'm just assuming). Anyway, it's a great episode of a great show and one of my favourite songs features in one of my favourite scenes. And this all has a special relevance for me, as I dedicate this posting to Dac and Joe, on their way to Canada to become Mrs and Mrs Morlard. Congratulations guys!

Here are a couple of Natalia mp3s, Little Heart is the one that was on The L Word and there's more available on
her official site.

Little Heart

Southern Wind

1 Comments:

Blogger ramos said...

The L word is the show that i like to watch when ever i get some free time. I am feeling great by visiting your blog. Thanks to made some post on L word Episodes. The show is full of with love scenes. A idealistic tv show this is.

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home